Beneficial bacteria is important for people of all ages, including infants. Natren®produces a probiotic product designed specifically for infants. Life Start® is made with Bifidobacterium infantis, the beneficial bacteria which is most prominent in infants.Babies born vaginally to healthy mothers receive their initial supply of beneficial bacteria on their passage through the birth canal. It is important for infants to continue getting beneficial bacteria to help them develop healthy bodies.
- Using Life Start® stimulates better weight gain through nitrogen retention, which is especially important for formula-fed infants.
- This bacteria encourages the formation of antibodies against undesirable bacteria and viruses.
- Pregnant women and nursing mothers should also take Life Start® along with their regular regimen of Trenev Trio® in order to give their baby the best start possible.
- It is especially important to give Life Start® to babies delivered in hospital rooms or especially by caesarean section, since they don't have the advantage of getting the beneficial bacteria from their mother as they pass through the birth canal.
- Even breast-fed babies need the advantage Life Start® can offer, to encourage the optimal health of the baby.
Lactobacillus acidophilus supplementation is not recommended for infants without the advice of a physician, as it is not the prominent beneficial microorganism in healthy, breast-fed infants. After weaning, acidophilus increases and Bifidobacteria colonize and become prominent in the large intestine. Life Start®, a milk-based probiotic for infants, should be carefully evaluated: With an increase in casein allergies in infants, please check babies for true milk allergies. You may use Bifidonate® Dairy-free instead.
- Produces the lactase enzyme which digests milk sugar and may help to offset lactose intolerance.
- Produces natural lactic, acetic and formic acid which help to keep the intestinal tract slightly acidic and inhibit the growth of undesirable yeast and bacteria.
- May encourage faster weight gain via nitrogen retention.
- Assists in the absorption of calcium and other nutrients.
- When given right after birth, helps to establish an optimal flora found to be a key component for optimal immune function.
- May inhibit the growth of undesirable yeast
When to Use Life Start:
- When breast feeding isn’t possible
- After delivery by caesarean section
- After immunisations
- When there are dietary changes
- When travelling
For intestinal disturbances, which might indicate the desirability of Bifidobacteria
Viable culture base of non-fat milk and whey containing Bifidobacterium infantis, super strain NLS. Added benefits from the natural supernatant (culturing medium) are maintained by Natren®'s proprietary Trenev Process®. Contains no preservatives or artificial colours and flavours.
For bottle-fed babies: 1/4 level teaspoon daily. Mix well with a small amount of unchilled filtered water and give by dropper or add to bottle and mix well. Remember, always refrigerate, do not freeze or put in direct sunlight.
Along with your own programme of probiotics, beginning at the third trimester of pregnancy, take 1/2 to one teaspoon stirred into unchilled, filtered water daily.
While nursing your baby, continue taking your own Trenev Trio®, plus 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of Life Start® stirred into unchilled, filtered water daily. If your child is a "lazy nurser," you may mix Life Start® well with a small amount of unchilled, filtered water and give by dropper, or even dab a little diluted Life Start® on your nipples.